Saturday... Nick came through town on Saturday to bring us some of Madison's old twin beds. I spotted them in their garage while in Atlanta one time and Nick wanted us to have them for his twin granddaughters one day. ha! We met Drew's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve with Nick in Clemson for lunch at the
ESO Club. While sitting at lunch Aunt Kathy spotted a framed picture of an American Flag
hanging on the wall. She loved it and talked about doing the same thing with one someone had given them recently from the war. I reminded her that my brother in law Norm (Mary Parker's husband) was in Iraq. I told the table the story of Norm's convoy driving for a mission the week before Christmas. He was in line with four tanks. His was the second one. They got hit during the mission. The 3rd tank blew up and all were killed.
Shrapnel from that tank hit Norm's tank
severely injuring a fellow soldier. He is still hanging on for life. Norm's life was spared that day....
Drew and I have been wanting to send him some goodies. I feel terrible that we haven't before now. Steve, Kathy, and Nick all loved that idea and gave me money to buy things for Norm. Norm.. here are the goodies coming your way!!! Thank you for all you do. We are so proud of you!!!

tons of shampoo, soaps, mouthwash from my weekly travels

snacks galore!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment