Today I was flying Delta from Nashville to Atlanta. I am one of those that likes to board early, put up all my junk, and then people watch. So one by one I noticed about 25 servicemen and women board the plane. After the pilot made his routine announcements he said, "I want to give a warm welcome to our service people on board, thanks for what you do." I thought to myself that was nice and wondered if they were coming or going. Unfortunately I was not sitting by one to ask. When the plane landed they flight attendant made an announcement for everyone to stay seated and let the service people get off first. She said "they work hard for us and I am sure they would appreciate to deplane first." I fly almost every week and you get the "if you are not about to miss your connection then stay seated and let others leave first" or you have the idiots that run to the front pushing every one down so they can get off first. It drives me nuts! I have NEVER been on a flight where people actually listen to the flight attendant and stay seated. So the ding went off and not a sole got up. The service folks didn't even know if it was okay to get up :) One man stood up and the rest followed. Right as they stood up the entire plan started clapping.. loudly. Then one by one the men and women walked off. As one walked by we would clap. But still, no one stood up until the very last service person was off the plane. It gave me chills like never before. It was truly amazing to be on that plane today.
Please remember my brother-in-law Norm as you read this. Norm, thanks for what you do! We love you! We are sooo ready for you to come home!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment