Monday, December 28, 2009

On the eve before we become parents...

1 IUI, 2 IVF treatments, 2 miscarriages, and at the end of it all we are going to be parents tomorrow!!!! I cannot believe it! We haven't talked a lot about our struggles on this blog but many of you that read it or know me IRL know how difficult our journey has been to become parents. I was adopted myself, my brother was adopted, and I have 4 cousins that were adopted. I guess it just runs in our family... :) I feel so blessed to share the experience with my daughter. How cool! I wanted to take a quick minute to thank all my friends and family who have been soooo supportive during this long roller coaster. It has truly meant the world to us. I feel so blessed to bring Sloane into a life with so many wonderful people we call family and friends. I also want to thank Drew b/c he has been my rock. He is the one that looked at me one evening and said we don't need to keep doing this to ourselves can we please just adopt. I kept saying to him... I was adopted and I want my "own" child. He looked at me somewhat cross eyed and said ... wake up this will be "your child". I said, "but he or she wont look like us." He then proceed to say..have you met your family, you look just like them. God placed you in the perfect home and he will place our son or daughter in the perfect home. I guess he couldn't have been more correct. I love you Drew so much and thank you for being the most amazing husband. You are the best husband to me, best daddy to Tyrone and Jackson, and will be the best, best father to Sloane. I LOVE YOU!!!

Tomorrow at 11am is the c-section. Please say a prayer for us. I will not post pictures until they sign the paperwork which should be 24-48 hours after she is born.

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

No comments: