Monday, September 7, 2009

The big REVEAL... take 2!

In case some of you didn't catch the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that I posted a few weeks ago. WE ARE ADOPTING A BABY!!!! I had to take off the big announcement due to some worry about lurkers but at this point I am using my freedom of speech and screaming to the mountain tops with excitement!!!! We are finally going to be RENTS, parentals, PARENTS!!! Drew and I have been through H-E-L-L the last 2 years and we feel that God has lead us to the this very peaceful decision.

So where do things stand? We have completed our home study (meetings with social worker, loads of paperwork including FBI finger printing, home visits, etc.) So CHECK that off the list. Next step- WE WAIT and have been WAITING already for 2.5 months. I have no patience and this is about to kill me!!!! We have had 2 near matches, but like anything else... this is in God's hands and we feel a lot of peace in that. Yes, we were bummed but life goes on and we know our baby is right around the corner. AMEN!

I am a planner so as soon as we decided we were adopting I got in shopping mode. We have crib (Pottery Barn of course) and high chair courtesy of my step sisters. We went ahead and bought a fabulous stroller (everyone and their brother has it b/c I have been able to point it out to Drew 101 times in the last month). It still is in the box in our garage b/c we COULD be blessed with twins and I don't want to open a single stroller if I might need a double. I called my mother last week to inform her that my pack in play was on sale and she needed to purchase it right away. CHECK that off the list b/c my impatient self got her credit card number and purchased it myself! My Mom, Helen, and Madison are throwing us a shower in Greenville on the 20th. YAY! We only invited friends and family in the area so no getting upset Knoxville gals! I know ya'll are throwing me one there so I didn't want to invite you to this one. Okay?! Not really, but it's just easier to do one here and one or two back home. Oh and we did purchase some bottles, diapers, onesies, etc in case we get a call tomorrow. We also have a portable bed b/c we will spend 2 weeks in a hotel room once we get the babe! Yes, kill me but that is what you have to do if you adopt out of state. Me, hubs, and a newborn in a 12x12 room for 2 weeks... oh my!

Boy or girl you ask? We said either!

Names I like: A LOT
Names we agree on? NONE!
Problem: yes!

We appreciate all your love and support. This is a roller coaster but hey we have been riding one for 2 years so why not jump on another one!!!!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I am so excited for you! You and Drew will be fantastic parents. I'm really looking forward to the shower on the 20th.

The Brockwell Family said...

Molly and I are hoping to make it to the shower on the 20th - just have to see what our soccer schedule is before committing to the football game (and possibly a weekend in Greenville).