Every year since I have owned my own home my Mom and I have had a tradition of shopping the day after Thanksgiving. After we are exhausted beyond belief from shopping we crack open a bottle of wine and start Christmas decorating into the wee hours of the night. When I lived in TN we would usually decorate my Mom's house first and then make our way over to mine. This year was no different... we went nuts! Every inch of my house is decorated... above the cabinets in the kitchen (check), in the bathrooms (check), the outside (check).. you get the picture. Drew couldn't believe the first Christmas that we were together that I actually decorate the bathrooms. He looked at me so seriously and said, "I don't know how I feel about Santa watching me pee!" ha! So, do I like to decorate? No! It stresses me out completely! It is one thing I honestly dread about Christmas. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Christmas but I just hate pulling boxes from the attic, unloading them, figuring out where everything goes, etc., etc. If my Mom wasn't there pushing me through we might just have the tree up and nothing in the bathrooms. :)
Hence, why the tradition continues! I had a deadline this year. December 9- our annual Christmas party. (that was last night and it will be saved for a future blog... I was sick as a dog this year and am 1/2 dead today, no work, in the bed...) I beat that deadline and had the house done the Sunday after Thanksgiving! Now that it is all decorated I am in heaven. I wish I could keep it up year round. Enjoy!




I hate fake trees, garland, etc. This year I did fake garland b/c I had a major meltdown about the needles going all over with the real garland I bought. I bought the wrong kind of garland... it was a mess! I couldn't get the right kind b/c it was raining and at Lowe's keeps it all outside. Wet garland and needles would have sent me over the edge! So fake it is!

My sister's rocking horse that I have had for years. I cannot wait until we have kids that can play on it!

above the TV... I told you every inch is decorated!

real wreaths in my bay window

Stockings! I love them.
Ballarddesigns.com

real wreath is real big this year!
Just a small showing. We hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
Your house looks beautiful decorated for Christmas.
I love the wreath on the chairs!!! so cute
Sounds like a fun decorating tradition. I think Christmas should be in every room, too!
Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing your celebration with us.
Merry Christmas!
Beautiful home! I LOVE the stockings. Thanks for posting their website! I am a huuuuge stocking freak!
visiting from Boomama's site.
Post a Comment