Monday, December 8, 2008

Blog slacker! Thanksgiving Part 1

I have been so busy lately that this poor blog has taken a back seat. I have so much to post- Christmas decorations, birthday parties, a trip to Houston and one to Chicago. First I will leave you with Thanksgiving. That was ugh? 2 weeks ago! You get the busy picture :) We hosted Thanksgiving at our house again this year. My Mom, Daddy Mike, brother, and sister (4 hours late...typical!) all came as well as Nick, Helen, Mike, and Matt. Sweet Madison was off cruising with Bless.. the dog! We had our turkeys fried up the street by our buddy Sam. It makes such a difference to take one or two birds out of the picture! Mom and I whipped up some sides in no time! Helen and Nick brought some of the boys favorite sides as well as a ham. We bought pumpkin pie and coconut cake... So easy! I got to relax until after the meal... I hate tupperware! It stresses me out finding the lids that go with the containers. Needless to say I made it though it and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families. We have so much to be thankful for, especially our fams...






Appetizers and drink table




Dining room...

Mom hates doing a kids table in the other room so we put this card table next to the dining room table. All 10 of us sat in one room together.


Matt and I


Nick tasting the bird
the men watching football while the ladies cooked


The feast! Helen in the background.


Nick and dad waiting to gobble, gobble...
My dad makes the best mashed potatoes so we had him help us on those. Here is my mom and dad- flexing his muscles :)


Mom and Mary Parker (my sister) after she arrived 4 hours late. She brought 2 dogs with her... I thought I would slap that blue hair right off her head! :)



Gramm and Drew

Drew, Mom, Mike

My brother John opening his birthday cards. His birthday is the 24th and we always seem to celebrate it Thanksgiving day.

The after party!!!! Sleepy men on a turkey high!
Drew and my scary self.

No comments: