Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tennessee Road Trip

Sloane and I took off to TN last week. My mom babysat while I worked. She is such a GREAT traveler and slept the entire way to and from. 4 hours b/c of the interstate closure. WHOOO HOOOO! So we put on our Sunday best and headed to my dad's house first. She got to meet all the step family and her cousins.





Grandmomma



My dad Papa

Cousin Nena

Aunt Ginger and Cousin Lindsey


Aunt Karen and Uncle Mike

Cousin Blair who is 2. He ran in and immediately tried to hold her. I have video of him doing "piggies.... this little piggie went to market". He was in love with her. Precious!


Blair wanting to hold Sloane and Aunt Amy. Blair kept saying, "why her not talk to me, her looking dat me." "her want to play with me?" So cute!


The girl and her Mom with tooo much lipstick on :)



After dad's we ventured through the woods to Grammy's house. Yes, my mother who has been referred to as Gram for 3 years has now decided she would like to be called Grammy. So Grammy it is. She will kill me but the only pictures I got of her and Grandad were one morning just after we all woke up.


Charlie the bulldog became our service dog. He was obsessed with Sloane to say the least. Any time she would take a nap and stir he would dart up the stairs to check on her. My mom said she went up the stair 900 times b/c he kept going up there to check on Sloane. She would have to drag him back down the stairs so he wouldn't wake her up. We laughed b/c my dad is half deaf and we said now we could leave Sloane with him b/c Charlie would alert him when Sloane cried. Hence our new service dog. When we were downstairs he practically would push you out of the way to get to her. Emma the female bulldog could have cared less.

On Sunday night our great friends the Malands and Heralds came for dinner and to meet Sloane. Here is cousin JT.



Aunt Susan and Aunt Nancy. Nancy didn't even eat dinner so she could hold Sloane all night.
And my brother aka Uncle John came too

Sloane and I had a photo shoot outside by the smoke house at the farm. She didn't like the sun so it looks like she is sleeping in most. These were the only 3 pics I liked :)




On Tuesday night Sloane got to see Aunt Rena again and on Wednesday before heading home we had lunch with my friends Laura Piers and Julie McWhorter. I took all those pics on a different camera and just realized my new computer doesn't take a chip. Now I will search high and low for the darn camera cord I haven't used in a year.
We had a great time in TN. Sloane got to meet so many people that love her very much.

1 comment:

Blending Family said...

Congratulations! You have a very beautiful baby Sloane and a wonderful family.